People all over the world have been quite familiar with olive oil, a liquid fat obtained from olives. Olive oil was first produced in Israel. Gradually, owing to the commercial development, olive oil has become more and more popular worldwide.
The experts have found a slew of beneficial components in olive oil such as antioxidants, pigments, vitamin, pH, especially the fatty acids.
Take advantage of those benefits; people use olive oil in many fields such as cooking, pharmaceuticals, soap, notably the beauty care. Today, we will show you a secret to use the olive oil effectively.
- Olive Oil For Wrinkle Removal
Wrinkles are one of the hottest issues that many women worry about. According to some latest newspapers, nowadays, people have to face up with lines at the earlier age than in the past.
For this reason, why don’t you choose the olive oil to solve this problem instead of buying many exorbitantly expensive products?
Containing a large number of antioxidants, olive oil will help people fight against the skin damage caused by ultraviolet radiation.
Moreover, the vitamin A, D, K, and E in olive oil act as the best moisturizers to soften the skin and regenerate the skin cells.
Notably, the polyphenols and oleic acid contained in this oil help to not only remove wrinkles and fine lines but also prevent the formation of new wrinkles. Below is the most straightforward recipe for you to try:
- Two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the lemon into two parts and squeeze to get a ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix that juice with the olive oil
- Apply that mixture to the face and massage gently
- Let it in your face for about 5 to 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
Do this method twice a week to get the visible result.
- Olive Oil And Coconut Oil For Moisturizing The Skin
For the ones who have dry and acne-prone skin, olive oil will be the savior. Like what we’ve mentioned above, the vitamin in olive oil is the best tool for hydration.
When being combined with coconut oil, these two ingredients will not only moisturize but also clean and provide your skin with necessary nutrients.
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- Two tablespoons of beeswax
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Melt beeswax pellets in the microwave to get two tablespoons of beeswax
- Do similarly with the coconut oil and wait until it cools down
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar
- Apply the mixture to your face and wait for about 15 minutes
- Clean it off with water
- Olive Oil For Makeup Removal
Recently, people wear a makeup every day. However, some of them are too lazy to remove that makeup after a day or do it perfunctorily; this bad habit can cause many skin problems.
Otherwise, if you only use lipstick or sunscreen, it is still essential to use the makeup remover.
Nowadays, the products for exfoliation are available with the variety of shape, size, quality, etc.
However, if you are scared of the fake products or want to try something new, DIY makeup remover with olive oil can be a smart choice.
- ½ cup of castor oil
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Cotton pads
- Mix castor oil with virgin olive oil in a small jar
- Pour an adequate amount of that mixture into the cotton pad
- Rub lightly into your skin to remove your makeup
- Wait for about a minute and clean your face with water
- If necessary, you can use the cleanser to get the visible result.
- Olive Oil For Itchy Scalp Treatment
Have you ever experienced an awful feeling from the itchiness in the scalp?
It not only makes people discomfort but also acts as a barrier to prevent people from interact with others.
There are many reasons for this problem, but the most common one is the wrong choice of shampoo. To treat the itchy scalp, you can try our natural remedy below with the olive oil.
Thanks to the antibacterial and antifungal properties, this method will surely work well on your scalp.
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- 6 to 8 drops of tea tree oil (optional)
- Heat the olive oil to let it melt
- Add tea tree oil to the melted olive oil
- Rub that mixture into your scalp
- Massage gently, especially the affected skin
- Leave it on your hair for about an hour
- Mix the extra virgin oil with water to wash your hair
- Let your hair dry naturally
Besides reducing the itchiness, olive oil will be the best tool to add shine to the hair and make it stronger.
A large amount of vitamin E and A in this oil can strengthen the hair follicles and lock the keratin. It can also boost the production of collagen in your hair and prevent the split ends caused by the sun damaged or chemicals.
Notably, if you want to stimulate the speed of hair growth, you can also use olive oil to remove the excess sebum and make your hair grow faster.
- ½ cup of cold water
- Two eggs
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Crush the eggs and separate them into two parts: the yolk and the egg white
- Add olive oil to the yolk and combine them well
- Add a suitable amount of water and mix them well
- Rub the mixture slowly on your scalp and hair and massage gently
- Leave it on for about 30 to 45 minutes
- Wash your hair with water (do not need shampoo)
- Olive Oil For Hand Care
If your hand is dry, let’s give a try to this DIY recipe with olive oil. With the antibacterial properties, this oil will help to exfoliate the skin on your hands, remove the bacteria and make your hands soft.
Moreover, when being combined with sugar, it will help you regenerate the skin cells.
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix them well
- Apply two tablespoons of the above mixture to your hand and massage gently for a minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Store the rest amount in a jar to use later.
- Olive Oil For Nails Strengthening
Some people often bite their nails whenever they are free; however, this bad habit can cause infection and some other diseases.
Also, it makes their nails weaker and more fragile. If you do not want to use chemical products to nourish your nails, you can try the remedy with olive oil.
This oil has a crucial impact not only on hair and skin but also on nails and cuticles. With the rich content of vitamin E, it can repair the damages and moisturize your dry nails.
Moreover, it can promote the absorption of calcium and improve the bone mineralization.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- A tablespoon of honey
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- A tablespoon of sea salt
- Put all the ingredients to a bowl and combine them well
- Pour the mixture into the pan and warm it
- When it is warm enough, turn off the stove and put it on the table
- Gradually dip the hands and nails into that mixture for about 15 minutes (make sure that you wash your hand first)
- Rewash your hand with soap and water
- Repeat this method twice a week.
To sum up, we have introduced you seven recipes with the olive oil. They are all natural and very useful for people of all ages.
Moreover, you can save a lot of money and do not need to worry about the chemicals. With these reasons, let’s try our remedies to test how they work on you.
If you have any queries about this writing, feel free to comment on the box below. And remember to show your results after finishing!
This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with many years of experience in searching the best natural home remedies for beauty and health issues.
All contents provided are for informational and educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.