Constipation is a condition in which it is difficult to pass the bowls. During constipation the stools becomes hard and one may need to strain on the toilet. Visits to the toilet also become rare. Constipation can be acute or chronic. The former is temporary and may go away in a couple of days, while the latter may need proper medical attention and there may be some hidden and underlying cause. In most cases, the condition is acute and may happen because of poor diet, lack of exercise, stress and dehydration etc.
There are several home remedies for constipation which can be readily used at home. One of the best ways is to eat dates. Because dates fruit is rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber, it eases the movement of bowels by making it loose to pass it down the gut.
How to use Dates for Constipation?
It is naturally laxative and when used regularly produces a laxative effect in the stomach. Here is an easy and simple method to use dates for relieving the stomach of hard stools.
- Take a few dates and wash them
- Make sure that they are properly washed as dates easily attract dust.
- Boil a cup of water and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Put the washed dates in the water. The dates should sink down in the water.
- Leave them overnight to soak.
- Take off all the stones from the dates in the morning.
- Mash the dates.
- Mix it with warm milk.
- Drink it before your breakfast and enjoy the delightful drink.